Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#lifeinTV

I was in a car this past weekend talking with fellow friends who have a web series they are creating.  It was great listening to them because they both have experience in video production.  What I gathered was they had a great idea for a show, but didn't know how important it was to build the characters and tell their story.

How many times have you heard a story from someone and thought, "This is like a tv show." - I can name numerous times I have experienced this and I now I have gotten into screen writing as a hobby.  This hobby has helped me understand:

-How people think
-What people crave
- When they become emotionally attached to a character
- Why they connect

Some of my favorite shows are great at connecting the audience.  This is what marketing is essentially all about.  I challenge everyone to try and write "your" episode.  Let's see how many people can feel for your pilot.

Now Playing- Seinfeld Theme


No comments:

Post a Comment