Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday is crucial

Monday is by far the most important day every single week for me.  There are so many songs that detail Monday as a day everyone dreads.  It's the day after you have enjoyed an extremely short weekend that felt more like an afternoon.  Most people in the office laugh at me when I say, "It's almost the weekend."

"Uh...it's Monday Gabe, what are you so excited about?"

I'm excited because with the way my brain works, I look at Monday as my first step toward a hill.  I spend Sunday evening preparing my body and mind to walk up that hill.  If I don't prepare prior to walking up that proverbial hill, I will fall flat on my ass.

You see, if I'm not mentally ready for Monday, historically I have a bad week.  I don't know why but Monday always seems to dictate my work week.

6:10 AM Monday morning I initially feel like this  

Why oh why did my weekend end so fast?! I have to face more corporate politics, smile at people I'm not too fond of and inundate myself with more work.

Then once I wash my face and put on my Monday song, I'm ready like SpongeBob Squarepants



Monday follows the lead.  If you are extremely prepared on your Monday, there is no situation you can't conquer.  You're prepared to take on every challenge and task handed to you.  If you can smile and stay determined on a Monday, you will have this energy at least until Thursday at 6:00PM.  By then you are ready to just...



Now Playing- "TechnicColor"

No comments:

Post a Comment