Wednesday, February 10, 2016

How valuable are sales meetings?

" I'm on my way to a meeting"
" I'm in meetings all day"
" I have a meeting"

We all have said this at several times in a week.  Sure, we all do actually have meetings, but are most of them productive?

My meetings normally consist of one meaningful productive one followed by several "meetings" to talk about future meetings.  The future meetings then discuss future meetings that talk about a problem we know about yet decide to make another meeting instead of solving that meeting. ( Sorry for the run-on sentences to all grammar police.)

The issue I have with continuous meetings is it's like a dance that never ends.  Eventually there's a point we both agree "I like you. Let's work."  

We also tell people we are in meetings as a crutch to avoid saying, "Not interested, don't bother me." 

Meeting has become like filler words( Ummm..like..ehhh...well) It's become a way to stall what we really want.  Customers get self conscious toward their ability to negotiate a deal that makes them the hero and salespeople desperately try to meet a "tracker" agenda. 

 If both sides let go of their insecurities, we'd all have some great and more productive meetings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment