Monday, January 11, 2016

Love/Hate with Voicemails

Happy Monday!

So I have a love/hate relationship with voicemail messages.  I love to hear them(when they are from people I know) and I hate to leave them for others.  Leaving a voicemail can reinforce who you are to someone but do they really help you?

If you have been successful with leaving voicemail messages, I salute you.  I just don't feel leaving a voicemail message really gives me progress with people that don't know me.  This is a marketing and sales blogs but even in non sales, I've often seen friends delete voicemail's from number they don't recognize.

You can google search engine results and everyone from Salesforce to Radius want to give tips on why your voicemail's don't get returned.  I still believe voicemails only get returned if:

1. You already have talked with that person enough to build that rapport.
2. You happen to run into a perfect storm of them seeking a product or help. (It's my favorite storm!)

The great thing about social media platforms is they give me optimal opportunities to reach people.  Of course there is a cadence you follow so you don't come off too "stalkerish."  A mix of LinkedIn, phone call, Twitter, and their company blog help you become noticed and reinforce how you can find people.

I would love to hear how other people contact prospects or customers. #Lifelearner


No comments:

Post a Comment