Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Underachiever to sometimes Overachiever

I never thought I would get into this...

I was the classical "underachiever."  I did enough to get by and surpassed expectations when I was passionate about something.  I disliked school- I felt I could be doing more.  I didn't graduate in the 4-5 years like typical students.  It took me 6.5 due to procrastination and my love of playing and performing music. (Super Senior)

A year ago everything changed.  I got a job in dealing
with colleges and foundations to help them with their scholarship processes.  I started to understand the various needs and the importance of education.  I never thought someone like me would get back in Higher Education when I was so excited to get the hell out of school.

I have since become a sponge of the scholarship process and how the ways a scholarship can impact students.  I've realized from some of you directors, program managers, and VP's that scholarships impact donor retention and prestige as well.

This blog is not a sales blog.  I may provide a salesmen insight but it's not for you to feel tricked into buying anything.  This blog will be a way for you to to receive information that is valuable with a little of my insight for good measure. This blog will also host my thoughts in marketing and sales alignment, and how people perceive what is marketed toward them.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment