Friday, March 14, 2014

Music is my lifeline

As a sales consultant, it can get pretty intense when talking with prospects and even facing rejection.

I have always found solace in music.  I could probably not say a word for 10 years and just let the music express what I wanted to say--It's that deep.  I learned about sales through performing music and going to different conferences.   The music supervisors were the program managers. My job... to sell myself first and then my music ( product)  If the music supervisor liked what they heard, I would get to the creative director or licensing director. ( executive director)  From there, I either got a yay or nay.  I received a lot of nays before I got my first Yay and that was a placement in "Nike Training" by Xbox Kinect.

That experience prepared me when talking with directors about their organizational goals.  I learn something new everyday and I apply music to every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment