Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Guess what DAY it IS!!!



Come On.....You know you want to say it.

For non conforming purposes, we will call it Wednesday.




No, not this Wednesday. (Kudos for anyone who can reference this character)

I'm talking about Wednesday.   In every office department you can hear at least a couple of people yell Hump Day!  Looking up the history behind Wednesday is slightly tricky.  If you Google search Wednesday, the first things that pop up are:



The history of Ash Wednesday and  definitions that define Wednesday as: The day before Thursday that is after Tuesday.  Not much of a big help for a man as curious as I am.  I had to dig deeper at the true
meaning of Wednesday.




















Sometimes I have to channel my inner SEO strategist to find the answers I need.  Google does a great initial job but sometimes we need to dig down more.  "The history of Wednesday" is too broad.

I found my answer at crowl.org.  Wednesday actually comes from the old English word "Woden's Day."  Woden is the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod "violently insane" + -en "headship". He is identified with the Norse Odin.

Interesting to note that Wednesday is derived from words like: violently insane + headship.  From that definition maybe it does pertain to that little girl in the picture from a few sentences above text.  I look at Wednesday as being the day that indicates the weekend is approaching for me.  The grind of Monday and Tuesday are like a metaphorical Zip-Line process.  I keep climbing that hill to the top with various obstacles in my way. A couple of times boulders are being thrown directly at my head but I keep climbing. Once I stretch out for that last step....I pause and look at my accomplishment.

Now the fun starts....I...


 Zip-Line through the air with this symbolizing my weekend and not holding back.  Once I get to the bottom, I know I may need to climb again the next week.  Pardon the Costa Rica references as I will sneak one or two in the next few posts.

Now Playing John Frusciante- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3vy4nmGAyk

No comments:

Post a Comment