Monday, May 12, 2014

My love life is a sales cycle

How often everything I do in sales subconsciously funnels into my personal life- mainly my love life.

Using Salesforce, Sales consultants have a pipeline ( Business opportunities) and each opportunity has a stage.  I thought it would be fun to apply sales metrics to response rates when you meet someone in a social setting that you like.

To make sense of the scenarios I present, Here is Salesforce terminology for you non-salesmen.

Closed Lost- Opportunity is closed due to obstacles or zero interest in the product. (0% success)
Advocate Uncertain- Someone below the top decision maker who has concerns for your product. (20% success)
DM Uncertain-  Top decision maker has concerns or objections for your product. ( 30% success)
Advocate Sold Seeking DM Approval- Someone below the top decision maker needs to present your product to them. ( 50% success)
DM sold closing in range- Top decision maker must be get one last "OK" to move forward with your product.  (70% success)
Verbal Commitment- Top decision maker has received the "OK" for formality and is ready to move forward. ( 80% success)
Closed/Won-  Top Decision maker is prepared to implement your product and use it. They are now your client.  ( 100% success)

Stay tuned for my sales cycle..er my love life cycle.

Now Playing- "Falling in love is so hard on the knees" by Aerosmith.

No comments:

Post a Comment