Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#TheMysticalpotatoehead

When I began to first learn guitar, my guitar teacher told me it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill.

I just wanted to rock out and play for fun.  I never thought I would hit the level of amazing guitar players like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Van Halen.

Maybe I could have…

There have been very few "masters" in their fields lately.  We have so many distractions that a high school kid doesn't sit and practice his craft for 8-10 hours anymore. ( Unless he's an athlete)

How often have you said you were going to do something only to be derailed into something social media related.

I just got sidetracked looking at my twitter.

Older generation talks about how the newer generation is lazy.  I'd say it's a more challenging world to be a master nowadays (especially if you lack concentrated direction)   The older generation didn't have Xbox and social media to distract them from their craft.


Now playing "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing"

url.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment