Monday, July 27, 2015

Money isn't everything, but it doesn't hurt

I'm feeling extra motivated.

I didn't need a bunch of quotes or sayings to get me started. My motivation comes from where I'm at in my life.

X that


I'm nowhere near where I want to be in my life and since 30 is approaching, I've re-developed a laser sharp focus that had unfortunately, been missing.  

Each day is a grind that involves a million pieces to my proverbial puzzle. Being a creature of habit can be bad for you and you get into a funk.   my mother's birthday is today and it reminds me of the times I was little and told her I'd one day, give her the world.

I'm not sure I can give her much now but I'm working to making that a reality. A wake up call was needed.


Money is a motivation for a lot of sales people and there's nothing wrong with that.


Money creates opportunities and if you're not motivated to make a lot of money, you won't be successful in sales or marketing.  Some people want to live the life of "Wolf of Wall-street" and believe that's success.  Hollywood portrays sales and marketing professionals as egotistical, self destructive individuals hell bent on greed and short cuts.


Not me.

I want to make as much money as I can but not to show off.  I want to have options.  Money to me, bring possibilities.  I'm a creative person and at any moment, creative people can create an amazing idea!  Money can aide in your creative endeavors and make those ideas a reality.  It can also bring true wealth to my family and help prepare the next generation to carry out the family name proudly.

I want to be able to walk with a group of friends, see a big time club for bottle service enticing us to enter.  More often than not, I won't walk in that bar or club but it would be nice to know anywhere I walk in I don't need to check my chase account balance to enjoy a moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment